PRODUCTION OF METHYLATED SPIRIT IN NIGERIA
Methylated spirit is also known as denatured alcohol is an alcohol-based solvent, which can be used for many things. Its uses among many others include;
- It burns, so it can be used in small stove or lamps.
- It cleanses pen inks off non-porous surfaces. For example, it can remove “permanent” marker from metal and plastics.
- On wooden surfaces, you should take care, because it can also remove some “Finish” surface treatments like varnish or wax.
- It is also used in household cleaning. Home recipe for glass cleaner usually include some of it
- It can be used to clean sticker residue off the car windscreen
- It can be used to clean DVD laser lenses
- It can be used as a solvent for thinning paints
- Used for cleaning bike discs brakes
- Used for cleaning electronics.
please note; that it is not meant for drinking.
PRODUCTION PROCESS OF FOUR (4) LITERS OF METHYLATED SPIRIT
|1.||Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA)
STEPS FOR THE PRODUCTION OF METHYLATED SPIRIT IN NIGERIA
- Mix both ingredients together in a container with a cover
- Shake the container very hard, then you have your methylated spirit
FORMULA TWO (2): METHYLATED SPIRIT WITH WATER FOR FOUR LITERS
|Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA)||2 Liters||Active ingredient|
Follow the same steps in formula one (1) only that in this formula, water is added last.
The ratio of the combination of both the IPA and Methanol to water is 85:15. It means that if you want to produce one liter of methylated spirit, your IPA and methanol should make up 85% while water should be 15%.
Also, note that IPA should be more than methanol as you can see in formula 2. The reason for this is to maintain IPA aliveness and also avoid making the product watery.